Product: Mobile > Cell Phones > More Cell Phone Providers > Metro PCS > SCH-I220
Does My MetroPCS SCH-I220 (Code) Phone Support Email?
Yes, an Exchange account, a POP3 or an IMAP4 account may be added to the MetroPCS SCH-I220 (Code) handset. Note: The information below is for configuring an E-Mail account on the MetroPCS SCH-I220 (Code) handset running Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard.
When setting up a POP3 or IMAP4 email account, the setup will automatically attempt to retrieve the settings to configure the device. If the automatic configuration is unsuccessful, the following information will be required to manually configure the account on the MetroPCS SCH-I220 (Code) handset.
To setup a POP3 or IMAP ISP E-mail account follow the steps below:
The following set of instructions will allow you to setup email with user configurable settings.
1. From the home screen, press the left soft key for Start then select Messaging
2. Select Setup E-mail (3)
3. Enter email address and password then press the right soft key for Next
4. Uncheck Try to get email settings automatically from the internet then press the right soft key for Next
5. Select appropriate email type in the drop down list. (Internet email or custom email)
Internet email is for your Internet Service provider or webmail provider which supports POP or IMAP Protocol.
Custom Domain is for your email address hosted by different email provider than the domain. (Example: email@example.com is actually a “live.com” email account)
6. Select Internet Email for POP or IMAP
7. Insert Your Name, Account display name then press the right soft key for Next
8. Input Incoming mail server address (If unsure, check with your provider to get POP/IMAP settings.)
9. Account type needs to be setup on POP3 then press the right soft key for Next
10. Type your user name (Examples: kevinc, domain\kevinc, Kevin@samsung.com, etc.)
11. Enter password for your email account then press the right soft key for Next
12. Enter the outgoing SMTP mail server (If you are unsure please check with service provider, in some cases you may need to use cwmx.com)
13. Depending on your email provider they may require Outgoing server authentication or they may not. (check with your email provider, most pop account do not require this option)
14. If outgoing mail server requires authentication, you may need to check use same user name and password for sending email. If it requires different user name and password click next and enter the requested fields. Enter Outgoing server username and password then press the right soft key for Next. In addition, make sure Network connection is setup on the Internet and select done.
15. On the next window, you will be asked to setup automatic send/receive for mail. Select desired frequency to download emails. (FYI if automatic email send/receive is setup device consumes more power)
16. Select Finish and download emails.
The instructions above are intended to assist with the configuration of your email account to the best of our ability. Samsung does not maintain a resource with individual ISP settings. For this reason, we refer you to your ISP for any settings information which you may need to complete this connection successfully.
To setup an Exchange email account use the steps below:
For more information about the MetroPCS SCH-I220 (Code) Click Here.